- 12. – 13. November 2019
From 12.11.2019 to 13.11.2019 the 5th Institute of Physics welcomed 23 participants from institutions throughout Germany and from the Netherlands for a joined task-force meeting on „Cold Ions and Rydberg Atoms in Atomic Gases“. The meeting brought together leading experts in the field of charge-neutral hybrid quantum systems comprising trapped ions and Rydberg atoms. Participants discussed recent highlights and future perspectives on topics including Rydberg molecules, ion and Rydberg impurities, and charge-neutral collisions and chemistry.
Invited speakers included:
- Matthew Eiles (Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden),
- Christian Fey (Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Garching),
- Rene Gerritsma (University of Amsterdam),
- Johannes Hecker Denschlag (Universät Ulm),
- Leon Karpa (Universität Freiburg),
- Herwig Ott (Technische Universität Kaiserslautern),
- Hossein Sadeghpour (ITAMP, Harvard University),
- Peter Schmelcher (Universität Hamburg).
The meeting programme is available as a PDF download (as of 08 November 2019).
The event was supported by DFG Priority Programme SPP 1929 Giant Interactions in Rydberg Systems (GiRyd).